I have a project that requires a jar to be built prior to the main application being built. I created a multi-step pipeline with the first step is to clone and install the first jar (its a private jar thats not available on the maven central repository). Everything worked fine until i tagged the required jar as a RELEASE. Now when i run the build it says it cant find the jar because its trying to reach out to the maven central repository for the file even though it was already built. The only way I was able to solve the problem was to combined the two steps into 1.
Here is the pipeline file I am using
pipelines:
default:
- step:
name: Commons build
image: maven:3.3.9
caches:
- maven
- node
script:
- git clone git@bitbucket.org:locus2k/commons.git --branch 1.1.0-RELEASE
- mvn -B install -f commons/pom.xml
artifacts:
- target/*.jar
- step:
name: Portal build
image: maven:3.3.9
size: 2x
caches:
- maven
- node
script:
- mvn -s pipeline-settings.xml -B install # -B batch mode makes Maven less verbose
services: - mysql
definitions:
services:
mysql:
image: mysql:8.0.11
environment:
MYSQL_DATABASE: 'portal'
MYSQL_ROOT_PASSWORD: 'let_me_in'
Is there anyway to specify the order in which the pipeline tries to find the jars? first locally then try to download it. I want to try to keep the two steps as they are and not combine them.