I previously researched this and found that it was not possible to include custom fields on the portal screen to submit a request. My research may be incomplete/flawed but don't believe so. would love to find out i'm wrong.
Kristin,
can you add more details into what you are trying to accomplish. What do you mean by "Raise a Request screen"?
The initial screen that presents itself when an end user creates a request through service desk.
I know I can create a new screen and associate it with the initial transition but I'd rather just edit the default screen if possible.
Thank you - sorry to hear that because there's information from users (i.e., best phone number to reach) that would be very helpful to our techs.
Kristin, this question was bugging me yesterday opening up an old question I had so did some more digging reaching out to Atlassian. In fact you can add a custom field to the portal with some exceptions. As of this moment, JIRA Service Desk should allow for any custom field to be used except for Group/Project/Version pickers. There is an open feature request JSD-86 to address the current limitation. So if you wish to add a custom field that isn't one of the three mentioned you can do so. You simply need to ensure it is visible on the create screen. Hope this helps.
Thank you Jack! I really appreciate you digging further and getting back to me. I'll give it a try a little later when I have some time to check into it and let you know how it goes. Much appreciated!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.