Hi, I seem to be having problems setting up SSL for my jira site. I've followed articles but it doesn't appear to start up my jira instance
```
<Connector port="8443" protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol"maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" SSLEnabled="true"maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25"enableLookups="false" disableUploadTimeout="true"acceptCount="100" scheme="https" secure="true"clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS" useBodyEncodingForURI="true"keyAlias="root" keystoreFile="/home/jira/jira.jks" keystorePass="mypasswordhere" keystoreType="JKS"/>
Articles I followed:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/HTTPs-for-JIRA-with-Letsencrypt/qaq-p/818083
What is the error what you start your Jira instance?
29-Jun-2018 16:39:58.517 SEVERE [main] org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.destroyInternal Failed to destroy connector [Connector[org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol-8443]] org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to destroy component [Connector[org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol-8443]] at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.destroy(LifecycleBase.java:302) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.destroyInternal(StandardService.java:571) at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.destroy(LifecycleBase.java:297) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.destroyInternal(StandardServer.java:881) at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.destroy(LifecycleBase.java:297) at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:659) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:355) at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:495)Caused by: org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Protocol handler destroy failed at org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.destroyInternal(Connector.java:1008) at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.destroy(LifecycleBase.java:297) ... 11 moreCaused by: java.lang.NullPointerException at org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.destroyInternal(Connector.java:1006) ... 12 more
That's not the error message. That's the Tomcat shutting down.
So I've not really seen anything by way of error in the logs. Everything appears to start properly, the port is Listening, but it will not let me connect on https 8443. Oddly enough http 8443 works despite the SSL directives.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.