Hi,
I want to know if there is a downtime for Jira and/or Jira Software if i use the uninstall button in administrative userinterface. If there is no downtime i could maybe deinstall add-ons at peak time.
Thanks for your support in advance.
Hi Frank
Usually there is no downtime during an add-on uninstallation.You are able to do this during working times.
CheersNiklas
Hi @Frank Werhan,
@Sloan N_ B_is right.
However, I recommend that you be able to do validation of a plug-in outage in a test environment first, to ensure that existing functionality and historical data presentation are not affected.And notify the user before uninstallation.
You are right, staging and Test environments are the way to go. 👍🏻Whatever change you want to do in Jira. But I understand that sometimes you can't maintain a second Jira.
And if the add-on was used by your users, yes inform them.
Another tip, I should have mentioned earlier: If it is a Jira add-on that adds Workflow features, be careful and check your Workflows for Conditions, Validators etc. that might be gone after uninstallation.
Thank you for the answers and the tips. We will use a stagingsystem to test changes.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.