Hi there,
This is my first post in the awesome Atlassian developer community, so bear with me. My question is about whether or not it's possible to build a scheduling functionality into my Jira Cloud app. My app syncs data from an external system onto Jira tickets, but currently that functionality is triggered externally (over an API which initiates the sync process).
I want to instead handle scheduling of syncing data from within Jira itself. I feel like this is a more seamless experience for users and has the additional benefit of not requiring a third external service to schedule REST calls that the user has to configure.
I'd like to allow users to implement essentially CRON functionality with regards to the scheduled REST calls. Then they'd be able to say "sync my data every day at 1:30 AM" etc etc.
I have been looking through the Jira Cloud documentation for such a functionality to no avail. I have found some posts that imply an ability to schedule such events, scheduled filter subscription, for example.
A link to a post describing cron functionality is found here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/constructing-cron-expressions-for-a-filter-subscription-764478409.html
Does anyone have experience with developing native scheduled REST calls as a part of a connect app for Jira? Any tips or suggestions are greatly appreciated! If Jira has the ability to send an email for a filter subscription based on CRON syntax, I would think such a CRON based method for my app would be possible as well.
Thanks!