I have a business board set up and I can close issues but they continue to show on the board. How can I set it so 'Documented tickets' will no longer show on the board, but can be seen if needed?
Business boards are simple in their implementation. They map columns for each status, and that's it. There's no hiding or ignoring, they show you what you have.
I am sorry, but you are stuck on this one, there is no hiding.
So you have a business board with completed items and they just show on there for months and the list of items that are closed/competed is miles long?
yes and no...
The business project comes w/ a default board when created that is, as Nic points out intentionally limited. These boards cannot be modified to have quick filters, etc. However, you can create a more fully featured Kanban board. In that board you can then add a quick filter to hide the 'Documented tickets' on demand.
LMK if that doesn't make sense.
Honestly I don't understand any board that doesn't allow you to close/hide etc the tickets. Who would think this is a good idea? I cannot imagine anyone frankly! We opened a business board to take care of business items but I don't want to see the 100 things I have completed forever and ever. We will make a kanban board and be done but really this is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard! And frankly I cannot imagine this would be such a hard feature to add!
Its like the service desk portal where the search is now in the upper right corner where no one even notices it and so everyone thinks they are landing on a blank page. Why would you take away the search from the center of the page, when it is a customer portal / knowledge base where you want people to come and search for answers before opening a ticket! Some of the things Jira does makes me really shake my head.
Earlier someone said the tickets disappear after 14 days in the done column. What does that mean? Where do they go and how do you find them?
The issues simply are filtered 'off' the board to keep it clean and not have the Done column grow infinitum. You can always find them using a JQL search filter, e.g. project = xxx and status = done.
To reiterate boards are simply a graphical view of issues based upon some filter. In general they are intended to keep the most important open issues in front of you so you can manage your work. The business board is a simplified default board that often satisfies most users dealing w/ non-SW projects. For me that are great to get folks started but ultimately become too limited once you become comfortable w/ how boards work and what you can do w/ the more customizable Kanban or Scrum boards.
Thanks. I guess we've been using the kanban boards for too long that limited functionality is not cutting it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.