I'm currently the primary administrator for JIRA in my organization, but we plan to bring several more people into this role in the coming months. We also have a handful of people who have administration rights, but don't do much more than configure things for their specific projects. However, I'm already finding JIRA's administration screens to be extremely hard to use. They're just so cluttered. I have nearly a hundred custom fields, 40 or so screens, 10-15 workflows, etc, and the problem is just going to get worse when we roll JIRA out to the rest of the organization for use as their work tracking tool.
So, my question is this: does anyone have any suggestions or guidelines that they follow to keep the administration sections from becoming an absolute nightmare? From my perspective, it would be great to have something like folders or tags for screens, custom fields, etc so that I could group things together. However, as that doesn't exist today, how do you manage?