Before the updates to Calendars I could subscribe and get a unique code to put in Outlook, but it didn't do two way syncing so I updated the Team Calendars addon to 6.x specifically for this feature in our test environment. It did not work in test but I figured it had to do with our authentication being different, so I went ahead and updated in Prod. It still does not work. If I choose internet calendar that works, it seems to only be the CalDAV functions that are not working as expected. When I hit subscribe it just gives the URL of my instance (https://insider.mycompanyname.com)
I found another user that had the same issue I am having but a resolution wasn't posted. :-/
We're on 6.1.4 confluence and just updated to 6.x for the Calendars.
Hi April,
In Jiri's ticket, we suggested he install the plugin from this article:
He did not proceed with this, so I cannot say for sure if it worked for him, but you're welcome to try it and let us know how it goes.
Regards,
Shannon
Thanks Shannon, I am trying that now. Is this the way it is going to work forever? Not to be picky but the reason we were so excited for the two way syncing was that we would only need Confluence and Outlook, but now if we're having to support yet another 3rd party outlook add-on that does kill our enthusiasm a great deal.
Sorry for the delay, I was reaching out to the Confluence team.
The plugin is required when using the Outlook Windows desktop client, and it's a limitation of Outlook specifically. Therefore, for the foreseeable future you would need to install the free plugin.
Let me know if you have any questions about that.
Hi @Shannon S,
I have tried using the above link which you have shared Subscribe to Team Calendars from Microsoft Outlook but it gives me below error.
---------------------------Test settings---------------------------Response status code does not indicate success: '401' (''). Message:<!doctype html><html lang="en"><head><title>HTTP Status 401 – Unauthorized</title><style type="text/css">h1 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:22px;} h2 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:16px;} h3 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:14px;} body {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:black;background-color:white;} b {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;} p {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;background:white;color:black;font-size:12px;} a {color:black;} a.name {color:black;} .line {height:1px;background-color:#525D76;border:none;}</style></head><body><h1>HTTP Status 401 – Unauthorized</h1><hr class="line" /><p><b>Type</b> Status Report</p><p><b>Message</b> Basic Authentication Failure - Reason : AUTHENTICATED_FAILED</p><p><b>Description</b> The request has not been applied because it lacks valid authentication credentials for the target resource.</p><hr class="line" /><h3>Apache Tomcat/9.0.10</h3></body></html>---------------------------OK ---------------------------
Could you please help me with this?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.