I have scoured the community and haven't been able to find a solution yet to the problem below. I am relatively new to Jira and would appreciate any other alternate options I haven't yet considered.
We have thousands of customers that we are looking into moving to Jira Service Desk. Currently, the customer credentials are stored in a database (so integrating to AD/Gsuite etc is out). Several thousands of these users will not be accessing the service desk for many months and are not keen to set up separate passwords for authentication. My questions are-
1. We'd like to migrate the customers with their passwords over to JSD. As far as I can tell, the REST API doesn't provide a means to do this. Is there any other way to create these customers in bulk and set up their password using a script/some kind of automation?
2. We would like to use OAuth to authenticate these users. Are there any add-ons that may help us with this while not being prohibitively expensive for the number of customers we have?