I am trying to use the Jira rest API to make an issue request from our website. I have successfully made a post request that makes a ticket, but I can not figure out how to set the reporter to a specific customer.
What I am doing is I use the API to make a post request to make a user, if one already exists the API lets me know, and I continue on to step two which is making the issue request.
The issue request works except for this one error: reporter:"The reporter specified is not a user."
The Data Object I am using
let apiPostData = {
"fields": {
"project": {
"id": "10000"
},
"summary": title,
"issuetype": {
"id": issueType
},
"priority": {
"id": "3"
},
"reporter": {
"name": "testUser", // test data
"email": "testUser@test.com" // test data
},
"description": description,
// customfield_10050 = client
// customfield_10051 = project
// customfield_10052 = langPair
// customfield_10053 = file
// customfield_10054 = where
// customfield_10055 = who
}
};
Thank you in advance