I have looked through every answer or post on this topic and found they either don't answer the question, or they answer it for versions that are not the 3.0.10 server version of Service Desk.
After downloading and installing Service Desk using the Applications area in Jira, I cannot find anywhere in Projects Administration to convert a project to Service Desk.
I also cannot find anywhere throughout the JIRA administration area to turn on Service Desk for existing projects.
When creating a new Service Desk project, it does not ask if I want to apply this to an existing project, either.
The user groups on my account are jira-administrators, jira-servicedesk-users and jira-software-users.
I have not made any configuration changes to Service Desk after installing it.
I have seen this link https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedesk025/how-jira-and-jira-service-desk-work-together-754977568.html but when you change the version at top to 3.0 it just goes to the generic front page of the documentation.
Please let me know what I need to do to get Service Desk working for an existing project.
Thanks.