Hi
I use bitbucket for CHEF development, and I have built a large repro with the default setting autocrlf = true by mistake. I Have made many commits and now have a large project. I develop in windows but the CHEF code is for linux boxes. I manually set the line endings for the linux config files held in the CHEF source so they work when used in linux. I commit from my local repro top the CHEF server.
Everything was fine until I checked out another copy of the repro and found that all the line endings were set back to CRLF because of the autocrlf = true.
I updated the repor settings to keep the line endings as they were ( autocrlf = false) which seems to be working for new commits. My question is how can I tell git to commit the files I currently have and not to change the line endings so next time I check out the repro the files that should have LF endings still do?
Thanks in advance
David