We are using Jira Service Desk and it would be really helpful to be able to periodically send a reminder email to both assignees and reporters if an issue has been open for X number of days, and then again after a further X days, and so on - potentially indefinitely, until the issue is Resolved.
Right now the only way I can think (and have implemented) such a reminder system is to use an SLA that triggers after a couple of days, and then another SLA that triggers after a few more days, but I would need to add an infinite number of SLAs to keep reminding indefinitely.
Also I don't really like the idea of using SLAs because I've then got all these SLA clocks running that aren't really SLAs, they're just scheduled triggers. This messes with the SLA stats and clutters up the right hand of the screen.
I'd be very grateful for any ideas on how best to trigger periodic email based reminders so long as an issue remains in a certain state.