I'm trying to upgrade from an old 6.1.4 instance. The old instance still has an old licence installed, but we have a new(er) one that hasn't been used before (AFAIK).
I've followed what I think are the right steps (not showing the precautionary ones):
- perform xml backup on old server, stop old server
- unzip 7.0.11 on new server
- rsync 6.1.4 home to new server, delete dbconfig.xml
- create new empty (postgresql) database
- run config.sh to set jira home and database
- update server.xml connector for proxy server, and context path
- start jira and import backup, supplying new licence key.
At this point, I get a 500 error, from which I can get a large java stack trace, starting like this:
java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.servlet.ServletException: com.google.common.util.concurrent.ExecutionError: com.google.common.util.concurrent.ExecutionError: java.lang.AbstractMethodError
The postgresql log shows:
2018-06-17 18:47:24.244 NZST [27925] jira@jira7.0 ERROR: schema "entity_property" does not exist
2018-06-17 18:47:24.244 NZST [27925] jira@jira7.0 STATEMENT: DROP INDEX entity_property.entityproperty_identiti
Any ideas what's causing this? Do I need to install the new licence on the old server before upgrading?
Thanks,
Richard
Edit: It looks like it's failing to sync with crowd on localhost:8095, which makes sense because it isn't there. But I can't see where that's configured - is it just the default? How can I change the crowd url before starting jira? I need to (temporarily, at least) point it at crowd on the old server.
Richard