I am trying to figure out how to send an email when an issue is added to an epic. I have already written a groovy script on issue create to send an email if the new issue is in the epic but I cannot get one to work for tickets that are added to the epic after creation.
The main problem is there is a JIRA bug https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-12299 that states just editing an epic will not trigger an "Issue Updated" listener.
Does anyone have any thoughts on how I can send an email when something is added to the epic?
Hello,
Try to catch the IssueLinkCreatedEvent event.
will that trigger if I am changing the ticket from epic1 to epic2?
I think so. Because the Epic Link field creates a link called Epic Link. Try to catch the event I mentioned above.
ugh those were added in 7.5 but I am on 7.3
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.