How do I require time spent on a task to be entered when someone moves a task from "To do" or "In Progress" to "Done" or to "Backlog"?
James, welcome to the Community! First let me ask if you really want to have time logged for each of these transition? To Do --> In Progress - generally speaking time isn't logged until you actually are In Progress. Certainly it makes sense to ask for time logged when moving to Done. However, consider that if the team is working correctly and logging time during the In Progress status then requiring them to log time when they are done might be redundant.
With my preaching out of the way ;-), You can easily require this by editing the workflow and adding in a validation step that there is some amount of time already logged. You can further add a screen to the transition that presents the time logging to the user such that they can log time.
Thanks for the reply Jack. As much as I hate to admit that I am a peon, I am just doing as requested by one of the managers I work for.
What he wants is when we move a task on the Kanban board from 'In Progress' to
'To do' a pop up prompt to enter time spent on the task. I think I will need screen caps to communicate this
James,
as I indicated this is pretty straight forward to do but let me add a bit more color:
Thanks Jack,
I really appreciate the assistance. Do I not want to add any fields to the LogTime screen I just created?
Regards,
James
Hey there! Thanks for your help. How would you do that on a new-gen board?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.