I have been tasked with "building" the Jira servicedesk for our IT department at the college I work at. One question my superior wants me to ask is, do we have to manually "build" everything, or is there a representative/tech that helps aid us upon purchase?
For example, right now I am building queues, settings, SLA's, labels, and fields in a demo, and plan on saving the data and importing it post purchase. My superior feels I am spending a lot of time trying to figure it out (I am, since we are transitioning from an old service-desk, I am reading documentation and watching what I can). Some of this transition will be time consuming, as we want to essentially create several custom fields and then map our SLA's to them.
So, my boss would like to know if we provided the info as concise as we could, if we could be walked through the setup. I am fine either way, but I've been asked to ask.
Thank you!
- Ryan