I am trying to do an upgrade from 6.4.1 to Jira Software 7.0.11. The install goes smoothly, but when I launch Jira for the first time it tells me I need to do an additional step of installing Jira Software application On the applications page, I try to install it and I get an error "An unexpected error occurred. Refer to the logs for more information". The logs point to a missing package osgi.wiring.package (see full log below).
Any thoughts on this?
Thanks, Byron Douglas
2018-06-08 10:09:29,529 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [c.a.p.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin] Detected an error (BundleException) enabling the plugin 'com.atlassian.jira.jira-software-application' : Unresolved constraint in bundle com.atlassian.jira.software-application [72]: Unable to resolve 72.0: missing requirement [72.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=com.atlassian.jira.plugins.dvcs.obr.install) [caused by: Unable to resolve 85.0: missing requirement [85.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=com.atlassian.plugin.spring.scanner.annotation.export)]. This error usually occurs when your plugin imports a package from another bundle with a specific version constraint and either the bundle providing that package doesn't meet those version constraints, or there is no bundle available that provides the specified package. For more details on how to fix this, see https://developer.atlassian.com/x/mQAN
2018-06-08 10:09:29,529 localhost-startStop-1 WARN [c.a.plugin.impl.AbstractPlugin] Unable to enable plugin 'com.atlassian.jira.jira-software-application'
2018-06-08 10:09:29,529 localhost-startStop-1 WARN [c.a.plugin.impl.AbstractPlugin] Because of this exception
com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.container.OsgiContainerException: Cannot start plugin: com.atlassian.jira.jira-software-application
at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin.enableInternal(OsgiPlugin.java:449)
at com.atlassian.plugin.impl.AbstractPlugin.enable(AbstractPlugin.java:336)
at com.atlassian.plugin.manager.PluginEnabler.actualEnable(PluginEnabler.java:150)
at com.atlassian.plugin.manager.PluginEnabler.enable(PluginEnabler.java:118)
at com.atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager.enableDependentPlugins(DefaultPluginManager.java:1249)
at com.atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager.addPlugins(DefaultPluginManager.java:1221)
at com.atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager.earlyStartup(DefaultPluginManager.java:513)
at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.JiraPluginManager.earlyStartup(JiraPluginManager.java:104)
at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.JiraPluginManager.start(JiraPluginManager.java:94)
at com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager$PluginSystem.start(ComponentManager.java:591)
at com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager.quickStart(ComponentManager.java:180)
at com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager.start(ComponentManager.java:153)
at com.atlassian.jira.upgrade.PluginSystemLauncher.start(PluginSystemLauncher.java:30)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.lambda$postDbLaunch$2(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:130)
at com.atlassian.jira.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.doNowOrEnqueue(DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.java:298)
at com.atlassian.jira.config.database.DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.doNowOrWhenDatabaseActivated(DatabaseConfigurationManagerImpl.java:194)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.postDbLaunch(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:121)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.lambda$start$0(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:90)
at com.atlassian.jira.util.devspeed.JiraDevSpeedTimer.run(JiraDevSpeedTimer.java:31)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.DefaultJiraLauncher.start(DefaultJiraLauncher.java:88)
at com.atlassian.jira.startup.LauncherContextListener.contextInitialized(LauncherContextListener.java:79)
... 5 filtered
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle com.atlassian.jira.software-application [72]: Unable to resolve 72.0: missing requirement [72.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=com.atlassian.jira.plugins.dvcs.obr.install) [caused by: Unable to resolve 85.0: missing requirement [85.0] osgi.wiring.package; (osgi.wiring.package=com.atlassian.plugin.spring.scanner.annotation.export)]
at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundleRevision(Felix.java:3974)
at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:2037)
at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl.start(BundleImpl.java:955)
at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl.start(BundleImpl.java:942)
at com.atlassian.plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin.enableInternal(OsgiPlugin.java:426)
2018-06-08 10:09:31,155 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [c.a.p.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin] Detected an error (BundleException) enabling the plugin