I installed SourceTree Enterprise and attempted to login to my local Bitbucket Server installation. The login fails with the message "failed to check login for user [{username}]".
The log has the following entries:ERROR [timestamp] [1] [SourceTree.Exceptions.RemoteHostException] [.ctor] - Insufficient authentication credentialsERROR [timestamp] [1] [SourceTree.Exceptions.RemoteHostException] [.ctor] - Failed to check login for user [{username}]
The root URL ( https://{server}.{domain}/{context}/ ), username and password are the same ones I use when successfully logging into Bitbucket in Internet Explorer on the same PC.
My username does not include any special characters such as the '@' symbol.
I have tried the suggestions in the following:https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/Getting-this-error-quot-Something-went-wrong-while-attempting-to/qaq-p/805220https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Sourcetree-questions/Looking-for-more-details-on-login-error/qaq-p/802237
What additional authentication credentials am I supposed to provide, and how?
Software versions:- Windows 7 Enterprise- Internet Explorer 11.0.51- SourceTree Enterprise 2.5.5- .Net Framework 4.7.1
Â
Bug report here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/SRCTREEWIN-8743
This bug report is now marked as resolved and should go into version 3.0.3!
I had the same issue, searched and tried many suggestion to resolve but none worked for me.
My problem was simple, but not immediately obvious - my username contained a space, eg. "John Smith". I changed my username in bitbucket server to just "John" and then I could login successfully with source tree.
If Bitbucket allows you to create a username with a space, and also login to bitbucket with a space in the username, source tree also should.
I have the same problem. This this Oct 17, 2019. Almost a year passed still no answer.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.