I'm doing some research on if my organization can use Jira to track and manage counseling appointments, events, client intake, etc. with the population we serve. This isn't the typical use case for Jira, but we qualify for a free community license and we have a strict budget (we're a non-profit) so it's worth at least investigating. Examples of software platforms that more directly mirror our use cases are Athena Penelope or Social Solutions Apricot.
I have experience administrating Jira in a previous position and I have a test instance of Jira Core Server set up right now, but I'm struggling to come up with a way to configure the workflows, tasks, fields, etc in a way to cleanly reflect our real-life process.
In a nutshell, our real-life workflow is similar to that of a mental health therapist/professional:
receive client (person) referral -> referral reviewed by multiple people -> client approved -> client is assigned a counselor and/or a mentor -> client enters the program and regularly has meetings with counselor and/or mentor
Additionally the client may attend events that we plan. Ideally we want to capture this all in one place (in this case, within Jira). There are other nuances to the workflow, but that's the gist of it.
The main thing I'm having trouble with is how to have a coherent log of info and history for each client that shows their information and all of the meeting/event notes for what they participated in. I'm imagining the meeting and event notes would just be different types of issues, possibly in different projects, but it's not clear to me if I could separate those logs out clearly by individual client.
Has anyone done anything similar with Jira? If so, I'd love to hear how you actually configured Jira or if there are any add-ons that helped you.
Thanks!