I'm using Jira hosted by Atlassian and I can't figure out how to disable keyboard shortcuts.
Hi @David Buser,
I also needed to disable the keyboard shortcuts..but for some reason I can't. I even followed the step in the documentation and the disable feature is missing. @renan_andrade reported this issue and you could vote for this issue in the link below.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-69489
It's very annoying that they put this in the "we'll develop this features if there's enough interest" when Jira used to have this feature and they removed it.
Hi everyone,
Thanks for the lively discussion about keyboard shortcuts! My name’s Matt and I’m one of the product managers in Jira Cloud. My team picked this problem up and have just started to roll out a feature that will allow users to enable/disable shortcuts at a per-user level.
See the attached screenshot of what this will look like. We were constrained by time so we decided to put it into the keyboard shortcut (Shift + ?) dialog for now. We believe this will address the problem and in the future, we will consider adding it inside the user profile page.
As of this afternoon, it will be available to 5% of Jira Cloud customers and we aim to get this rolled out to 100% in early August.
Kind regards,Matt
.
@Matt Tse any thoughts on the issue pointed out above?
Hi @Calvin Hohener ,
Apologies for the delayed response. Missed your original comment.
The keyboard shortcut dialog can also be accessed from the ? menu located at the top right of the page.
Regarding the disabling of markup shortcuts, I wasn't able to reproduce this on my machine. Could you share more details with me? Browser information and version as well as any steps you went through.
Cheers,
Matt
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.