In JIRA Service Desk, how can one query for Service Request tickets without approvers?
status = "Waiting for approval" AND resolution = Unresolved and Approvals = ???
In Jira, the "Approvals" section is always based off of a user picker custom field. This might be the field "Approvers" it might not be. You can figure out what the field is like this:
1) Navigate to the project you want to query for issues from
2) Look at the workflow that requires approvals and click on the status that requires an approval
3) Identify the custom field being used.
In my case, this field is the approvers.
If I want to search for tickets like you are requesting, I would need to query for tickets where "Approvers is EMPTY". If you cannot search for "IS EMPTY" and you get an error such as the following:
Field 'approvers' is not searchable, it is only sortable.
Go into your custom fields, locate the field you configured for your approval (in my case "Approvers") and click "Edit". Change the search template to "User Picker & Group searcher". Then kick off a reindex and search away!Hope this helps!Kian
Hello Paul!
You can set the follow for the pending approvals:
You have these options to use with the Approval:
Hope that I helped you.
See ya.
By the way, here you can see some tips for use Approval on Service Desk
But, does pending() imply waiting for approvals? I'm looking for tickets that specifically don't have any approvers, such as this one. I want to find them and correct them, so that they can go through approval.
Great! The thing I was missing was the search tempolate thing. Now I can filter on Approvers IS EMPTY.
Thanks!
Also, by combining Nicholas and your posts, I suppose "Approvers is not empty and Approvals = pending()" would give me good tickets with no approvals yet?
Yep! It would show you all tickets that have an approver but haven't been approved.
Man, really thank you!
I have similar issue, I try to get tickets by approver("user name") but doesnt work, it return tickets approved by another user, someone else face that issue? thanks
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.