I have two statuses I want to exclude from a filter: Closed or Done. Am I doing something wrong with the OR statement? The syntax below excludes Done but not Closed:
status != Done OR status != Closed
Hi @Ken Jacobs,
try this:
status not in (Done, Closed)
Thanks that worked!
For what it's worth,
does not work because it's logically wrong.
If an issue is Done, it can't be Closed, so clause 2 returns true, and if it's Closed, it can't be done, so clause 1 returns true. As one clause is always true and you've used OR, you are always going to get a true result.
You needed to use AND, rather than OR, but Thomas' way of writing it is a lot more clear and easier to modify.
Seems backwards to me but thanks for the insight!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.