Hi All,
I am a sysadmin trying to help out with the upgrade of a standalone install of JIRA Server v6.4.1
My goal is to get this Jira instance out of its EOL status and up to date. The Jira server is running on Linux 64 bit with MySQL as its database.
I have a couple of questions that I would like to ask before I touch anything.
Firstly, does this upgrade need to be done in steps? Some initial reading suggests an update from 6.4 to 7.0 is needed as a first step. Is this correct? is there a webpage that documents the upgrade path required for the whole process?
Secondly, I want to clone the instance that is running and test the upgrade procedure on a clone first to make sure things are ok. I am fine with making another copy of jira_home and dumping its mysql database and setting up a new mysl database for the clone, however I have a licensing question about this. The server is currently on an opensource License with unlimited users. If I fire up a second instance for testing on a different subdomain, will the license need to be changed (eg: put the clone on an eval license while testing).
Thanks!