Hi,
I am newbie to Jira - started working with Jira not long ago. After successful implementation of Confluence last month, my manager wanted me to explore jira core for document review (process management).
I wanted to build policy management system in Jira core for governance department.
Following is the workflow of governance department:
- Employee fill form (Request to develop policy)
- Policy allocated to owner/author
- Draft policy prepared
- Draft sent to user group for review
- User group changes made
- Policy sent to Governance for review
- Suggested changes advised to owner by Governance
- Amended policy sent back to Governance by owner
- Governance distributes policy to wider community (Faculty/Faculty Executive or as determined by owner) for feedback
- Governance sends summary of feedback to owner
- Final policy submitted by owner to Governance for approval
- Governance sends to delegated approving authority for sign-off
- Governance posts approved policy on intranet
- Document repository holds approved current and historical versions of all policies
- Document repository has keyword search functionality + A-Z listing of all policies
- Document repository holds resource documents (e.g. policy template, policy writing guide, policy communication guide, policy dictionary, etc.)
I know it is possible to achieve this by creating workflow in Jira Core but not sure how to initiate a task (document review) by collecting request via form (step 1).
Could someone please guide me I googled, watched Youtube videos, there is no information available but they are some add-on available not sure if that is the solution!