Hi
I currently run a 500-user Server instance of Confluence, JIRA, JIRA Service Desk, and Bitbucket. A colleague handles the sysadmin end (upgrades etc), and I handle config and usage.
The workload is getting out-of-hand. I've been given permission to hire or contract someone to take over the sysadmin end of things, plus as much of the config wrangling as we can manage. Ideally I'd also like them to uplift our system in various ways, if possible (I have lots of ideas and no time).
This would be for 12 months, because we are hoping to migrate to a better-supported instance within my organisation in a year or so.
I'm not sure of the best way to do this. I have been given a fairly low amount to spend on this person. If I bring on a full-time contractor for that amount, they will probably not be top calibre. If that's the case, I won't be able to hand over as much of the work as I want to.
Alternatively, I could go to an Atlassian Expert, but I can only assume they'll be way more expensive than a lone contractor, so again they might not be able to take on the whole thing.
Any advice about a good way to approach this? You might be able to tell that I'm out of my depth here :-)
Thanks.