According to this:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/configuring-columns-764477997.html#Configuringcolumns-enablingkanbanbacklog
I should have a Switch in the Columns settings for my Epic Panel.
But that does not exist. Thus I cannot activate the panel.
Any help? What Am I doing wrong?
martin
I don’t know what you mean by “switch” nor activate panel really. Are you just trying to set up a Kanban board? Can you give us more details with where you are stuck?
Uh, sorry. I did correct this - I meant Epic Panel.
What I want to have is:
Basically the same as you have in the Scrum Backlog.
I checked the documentation mentioned above, and what it says, that I should just activate the Switch "Use Epic Panel" in Board => Configure => Columns...
But that Switch doesn't exist.
Oh, did some more research on it. And it is only available in the Cloud-Version... bummer
.. or does anybody know more about that?
What version are you on? Epics appears to have been introduced to server version 7.5.
v7.4.2... hmm.. Ok then, we need an update...
@Jack Brickey thanks
I'm using the Cloud version and have the same issue!
I'm using the cloud version and the Epics panel can be activated under Board settings > Columns > Epics Panel
This says that you will see the "Epics Panel" switch, only if the Kanban backlog is enabled. Not sure what to do on Scrum board.
Note: I am on Jira Cloud
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/configuring-columns-764477997.html?_ga=2.261564805.98482852.1546990785-1144137733.1538093928#Configuringcolumns-enablingkanbanbacklog
I I have the same issue. As you can see there is an option in a YouTube tutorial for toggle the Epic panel on and off, but in the version I am using there is not (Cloud based/Scrum Agile). I don't see a solution to this in the thread unless I am missing something?
To add to this, I have found that we have a Kanban project that does have the option, it appears that it's the Scrum boards that do not
This will solve the issue:-
Unmap any status in your column management. This displays the Backlog view and you can also see the Epics Panel Option. If every status is mapped with respective columns than we cannot see the Epics Panel Option.
Additionally when you try to map the backlog, you will see a dialog box saying the following:
@Mark Kassar Find my answer below to know the actual behavior on why it is not being displayed.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.