I went looking for the answer to this and couldn't find anything that talked about the current version of JIRA 7.9.x so...
Does JIRA Server run on Linux with Oracle Java 10.0.1?
In theory it's possible. However Atlassian has not tested the current released versions of Jira against this version of Java yet. Please see the Supported platforms documentation for Jira:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/supported-platforms-938846830.html
It explains that only Oracles Java 8 (also known as 1.8) is supported for Jira at this time. It is possible that Jira will support this Java platform at some point in the future, but for the time being this platform is not supported.
On this topic, you might be interested in the latest update regarding plans for supporting OpenJDK 11 across all Atlassian Server & Data Center products -> https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-discussions/Java-11-and-OpenJDK-support-for-Atlassian-Server-amp-Data-Center/m-p/872998#M4575
Thanks for the link. I searched and kept getting 7.3... Not sure why. I guess I could install the Oracle 10.0.1 JDK and use alternatives to test it! I just hate being behind so far in updates.
Hi Patrick, did you get Jira to work with JDK 10?
We have issues with running Confluence in JDK 10, due to incompatible JVM options such as UseGCLogFileRotation.
Please stick to the supported JDK versions - using unsupported ones will give you problems for which you simply are not supported, and any call for help is going to get you a simple "run it on the right version, then see if you still have problems"
@Jakub Lazinski This is good news for sure!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.