I found a page on Atlassian documentation about enabling Ranking but it doesn't work. Here's the link to the page. https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/enabling-ranking-764477994.html
Any advice?
Hi Audra,To be able to help you, I would need more informations regarding your problem.Could you explain me your scenario(Permissions, etc..) and what you are doing specifically?Technically if you have your board well configured and also if you have the Edit Issues + Schedule Issues permission, you would be able to rank it without problems.
Hi Oman, I'm trying to enable ranking. When I look at Field Configurations, Rank is locked even though the Default Screen is listed. According to the Atlassian Documentation, on the board, I should see 3 dots. I do not. I am a JIRA Admin so I have all permissions. The board is an existing board, I did not set it up.
If the rank field exists and is locked, then all you need to do is use "order by rank" in your board filter.
Do you want to change Ranking manually? The rank functionallity is internal and it happens when you simply arrange your issues on your board, placing a important issue on the top of the backlog or board's column (for example).Strange that you can't see the Board Settings. As JIRA Admin you are able to edit all boards.Isn't it on the top right of your board's screen? If you have a Scrum Board, this option is also visible on the Backlog screen.Ex:
No, you can't see that in the card layout on your board. But it is "somehow" visible for your team, it reflects the position of the issues on your board.--Duplicated, sorry --
where is it visible to the team?
It's the position of the cards on your board.
You can technically add the rank field to a screen and see the content. But stuff like 01|@----00101 really does not tell your users a lot.
The position of the issues in the board is alredy the Rank. Of course one must make sure that the board is using something like "ORDER BY Rank ASC" at end of the Board's Filter Query
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.