I enter the values for Title, mode and URL and hit Next, but the page keeps coming up and I can't get past it. Any help would be great! The install is on Windows Server 2016
I'd guess the database is not setup correctly, but that's just a hunch. Go into your $JIRAHOME/log/ folder, then open up the atlassian-jira.log file to see whats in there. I would suspect that you would probably have some kind of ERROR messages logged there that would tend to help explain why jira can't continue.
Since this is an initial setup page, I have seen instances that are trying to use an unsupported database, or don't have their database setup per the Connecting Jira applications to a database. If it's not obvious, post back with the recent log entries and I'll try to help troubleshoot some more.
Andy
@Andy Heinzer i test fully install on Win10pro it work fine, but when i try on window10pro on esxi 6.5 i found the same case. what should i do after go to that logs.and after i re-run it still go to that page, how to remove config to start at first page of installation?
If you want to remove your existing configuration, you can simply delete/remove the $JIRAHOME/dbconfig.xml file. This file determines how Jira connects to your database. If Jira starts up without a database defined there, you will get the setup wizard once more.
You might also want to take a look at the $JIRAINSTALL/log/catalina.out This is the log file created by Tomcat, the webserver Jira is using to start up. Sometimes this file will log more detailed info than the $JIRAHOME/log/atlassian-jira.log file will show.
Many Thank for you advise , i ll try and return feed back ASAP tomorrow.it seem because DB config problem?
I have the same issue.
I suspect the issue is the Atlassian walkthrough guide is messy and non-linear. I have had to navigate forwards and backwards and have become lost where I am up to.
Regardless, I have proceeded to this part of the setup and noticed the Atlassian walkthrough jumps over the 'how to connect jira to mysql' or something along those lines.
Everything is default and has been very difficult.
Here's the code in the logs when trying to 'Set up application properties' when I select next.
[code]
2018-09-24 09:11:13,856 http-nio-8080-exec-15 ERROR anonymous 551x49x1 z1whuc 192.168.1.120 /secure/SetupApplicationProperties.jspa [c.a.j.w.action.setup.SetupApplicationProperties] Error activating indexing with path 'null': com.atlassian.cache.CacheException: com.atlassian.cache.CacheException: com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: SQL Exception while executing the following:SELECT ID, pname, URL, LEAD, DESCRIPTION, pkey, pcounter, ASSIGNEETYPE, AVATAR, ORIGINALKEY, PROJECTTYPE FROM project ORDER BY pname (You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ', DESCRIPTION, pkey, pcounter, ASSIGNEETYPE, AVATAR, ORIGINALKEY, PROJECTTYPE FR' at line 1)com.atlassian.cache.CacheException: com.atlassian.cache.CacheException: com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: SQL Exception while executing the following:SELECT ID, pname, URL, LEAD, DESCRIPTION, pkey, pcounter, ASSIGNEETYPE, AVATAR, ORIGINALKEY, PROJECTTYPE FROM project ORDER BY pname (You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ', DESCRIPTION, pkey, pcounter, ASSIGNEETYPE, AVATAR, ORIGINALKEY, PROJECTTYPE FR' at line 1)at com.atlassian.cache.memory.DelegatingCachedReference.get(DelegatingCachedReference.java:91)at com.atlassian.jira.project.archiving.ArchivedProjectStatistics.getArchivedIssuesCount(ArchivedProjectStatistics.java:28)
at com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.DefaultIndexManager.size(DefaultIndexManager.java:749)at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)... 1 filteredat java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)at com.atlassian.jira.config.component.SwitchingInvocationHandler.invoke(SwitchingInvocationHandler.java:38)at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy167.size(Unknown Source)at com.atlassian.jira.task.context.Context$Builder.build(Context.java:186)at com.atlassian.jira.util.index.Contexts.percentageLogger(Contexts.java:34)at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.setup.SetupApplicationProperties.doExecute(SetupApplicationProperties.java:155)... 1 filteredat com.atlassian.jira.action.JiraActionSupport.execute(JiraActionSupport.java:63)... 7 filteredat javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:742)... 48 filteredat com.atlassian.greenhopper.jira.filters.ClassicBoardRouter.doFilter(ClassicBoardRouter.java:62)... 12 filteredat com.atlassian.web.servlet.plugin.request.RedirectInterceptingFilter.doFilter(RedirectInterceptingFilter.java:21)... 58 filteredat com.atlassian.jira.security.JiraSecurityFilter.lambda$doFilter$0(JiraSecurityFilter.java:66)... 1 filteredat com.atlassian.jira.security.JiraSecurityFilter.doFilter(JiraSecurityFilter.java:64)... 39 filteredat com.atlassian.jira.servermetrics.CorrelationIdPopulatorFilter.doFilter(CorrelationIdPopulatorFilter.java:30)... 10 filteredat com.atlassian.web.servlet.plugin.request.RedirectInterceptingFilter.doFilter(RedirectInterceptingFilter.java:21)... 4 filteredat com.atlassian.web.servlet.plugin.LocationCleanerFilter.doFilter(LocationCleanerFilter.java:36)... 26 filteredat com.atlassian.jira.servermetrics.MetricsCollectorFilter.doFilter(MetricsCollectorFilter.java:25)... 24 filteredat java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
In your case, it seems clear you are having a SQL exception during the setup. This would tend to indicate that the database is not setup correctly, or is not supported by Jira possibly. From your error it looks like you're using mysql. Is that correct? What version of Jira are you using? What version of MySQL are you trying to use with this Jira?
MySQL also has the added step of requiring you to download a JDBC driver file and copying that to your $JIRAINSTALL/lib/ folder in order to let Jira be able to connect to a mysql database. I am curious to see if you did that step and if so, what version of that database driver you selected. Current versions of Jira need to use the 5.1.xx version of that driver and not the 8.x versions.
I would recommend checking the corresponding Supported Platforms page for your version of Jira to make sure that your specific database type/version is actually supported to be used by Jira.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.