We currently use JIRA for our software development and are attaching documents to tasks/stories. What I want to do is create a Project where I can store critical documents that can be viewed but not changed; a reference library.
Suggestions?
You could create a project with the create attachments permission limited to the project administrations and browse to everyone else. There wouldn't be any automatic versioning like in a true document repository system.
Is JIRA the only option for you?I guess these requirements fit for Confluence pretty well.
That is what I have done,,,but I can only create stories and not tasks. Suggestions?
I have looked at several other products but they all have significant shortcommings.
Out of the box JIRA doesn't have issue level security. If you can create any issue in a project you can create all issue types in that project. If that isn't the case there is either a plugin or script installed keeping you from doing it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.