When I create a new project in JIRA 7.1.4 , I find 5 different groups are pre-installed into the Project Roles. The groups are a mix of JIRA default groups as well as user or admin created groups. Here is the list followed by the number of users in each group.
1) administrators - 16
2) developers - 41
3) Help Desk L1 - 13
4) users - 77
5) Help Desk L2 - 5
I looked into each group and find that some of the group members are listed in more than one group. It is ridiculous: A new project gets created and before I can even control access to it, over 80 users have already been granted access.
I know I can delete these groups from the project roles and establish my own project security using unique project groups.
(also...apologies for still using vers 7.1.4 : As soon as I straighten out the existing administration nightmare, we are going to upgrade to at least version 7.8.0 <some things are beyond my control...for now>)
What I want to know is how do I prevent these 5 groups from being added to every new project I create?