Hi - hope this isn't too strange a question. I have two differing requirements - I need to schedule work ( and make outline promises on delivery dates) whilst being able to show predictable,improving delivery.
I'm keen on using a Scrum board to plan 2 week runs of work (that's the only 'contract' that really works for Project Managers across Waterfall & Agile projects).
The Kanban board would have 'done' queues after each status. There are multiple hand-offs in my process so I want to measure wait time at each. Knowledge of a constraint would inform capacity for future Sprints. If there's growing WIP and a bottleneck, it would be good to be able to set expectations that less new work could be added to the next Sprint. Alternatively if pace is picking up and cycle time is improving I could talk more optimistically about future delivery.
I hope I'm not confusing the two approaches and not trying to 'have my cake and eat it'. Have I overlooked any obvious pifalls? Has anybody else tried this?