I am trying to shift my organization to using pull requests. I have the plugin installed and working to create and show the pull requests. But the merge is failing even when there are no conflicts in the merge. If there are no conflicts in the merge, it actually still happens; but I get the same error.
When I attempt a merge I get an error of:
"Unknown error. (Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: {, Path '', line1, position 1.). Check logs for more into.
When I run VS 2017 in admin with logging enabled I do not see anything unusual except two attempts to " Entering function CVsPackageInfo::HrInstantiatePackage" followed by a begin / end package load. No errors to follow up on.
Has anyone else seen this issue, I expected it to bring up the VSDiffMerge tool to complete the merge when there is a conflict. Do I have something setup wrong, or is this an actual bug in the plugin?
Thanks for any advice...