I am trying to setup JIRA datacenter on AWS and as per the instructions mentioned at https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/installing-jira-applications-on-linux-938846841.html to run the installer atlassian-jira-software-X.X.X-x64.bin but i can't find the file from the tar ball (atlassian-jira-software-7.9.1.tar). Does anyone has similar issue or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks so much in advance for the help.
The installer is the bin file. If you have the tar, you don't have the bin. You're free to use either method to install the application.
If you use the tar archive, just be aware that you need to create the user account, set up permissions, and unpack the archive. You'll also need to create the Home directory and point the install directory to the home directory.
Based on your question I'd wager that you should just go download the bin file.
Thank you so much for your quick reply Steven.
When you say i have to create an user account, you mean 'jira' user, which i did.
Also when did untar the tar ball but I don't see below directories(data, plugins, logos, import etc..) as mentioned in the following step of the documentation.
data
plugins
logos
import
export
caches
Those directories will be created when you first start the new system.
Thanks Nic for the quick reply, I started jira process, does it mean that I started the system? I verified jira process is running with ps command but still can't see those directories. Appreciate any help.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.