Hi,
I have department head approval in my workflow. I want set approver field in my automation rule from Active Directory's "manager field".
How can i do it in JSD?
Sincerely
Hamid
Interesting.
Will need an add on to accomplish this.
This one comes to mind.
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.intenso.jira.plugins.ad-integration-manager/server/overview
I think it could pull in the manager attribute, then you can use a postfunction on the create issue transition to put it into the field you're using for approvals. Assuming the data comes into Jira as the same format as the username....
Hi @GG @Josh Steckler
You can automate routing of approvals to managers from Azure AD using the Multiplier plugin:
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1224807/multiplier-azure-ad-and-okta-operations-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview
This uses post functions to pull in the manager from AD and insert that into the Approvers field in Jira. See this for more details: https://docs.multiplierhq.com/article/18-how-to-route-jira-service-management-approvals-to-azure-ad-manager
Here's a quick 90 second demo:
https://www.loom.com/share/61c1b3232e5b4008bb2794b71fb72743
Amaresh
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.