I've checked a number of other posts and although similar topics have been raised, I don't see the exact issue I'm seeing, so here goes... please let me know if you have a solution to this, or is it a known JIRA 7.4 bug?
I have (inherited!) 1 Backlog (1 Project) which contains Issues from 2 different teams who work quite separately and independently. IMO they should be 2 separate Backlogs and I will be pushing for that, but for the moment I have to work within this constraint. I am SM for 1 of the teams.
I am able to filter to only show my team (via Component). So we have a Board which uses that filter, and that works fine for the Backlog view. It also works correctly if I use as a search - eg: it does not show issues from the other team.
However, it doesn't work correctly in Active Sprint view...
Problem 1: When I look at the Current Sprint view, I'm seeing both sprint from my team and the other team. I can choose which one of course, but occasionally someone will forget and be seeing both teams in one view. And so I can end up seeing Issues in this view that don't even conform to this board filter!
Problem 2: Even if I choose a specific team sprint, if I switch on column constraints (which I would like to do as it's a helpful summary of volume in each status column), it says something like '3 of 9' - where 9 is actually 3 issues from this team and 6 from the other team. This is just confusing and not helpful at all.
Interestingly (1), it appears to work ok in Reporting - for example the Burndown chart does seem to show my current sprint by default - I can choose the other team's sprint from the dropdown
And interestingly (2), very strangely, the other teams board works fine!! As far as I can tell everything is the same except the filter on component!!