I have no notification scheme assign for the project i want to achieve this but Jira still sends email when i create a new issue, can someone help me how to stop sending emails ?
The final cause is shown below. I have pulled it out of the comments so that we could check it as the solution so that others in the future might more easily find it.
from Naveen:
...finally i could able to figure out why it was sending emails without any notification scheme set and when event is not fired, it was notification assistant plugin which we use and the options in it were sending out emails
Would that be due to the "notify my own changes" setting in your profile set to true? The default is false, but I think that's one place to check.
Hello Alfonso,
Thanks for the response.....
It is set to Do Not Notify Me already.
Check the Event Fired when you create a new issue... it could be triggered there..
can you share a screenshot of your notification scheme screen?
Where should i check it?
I haven't assigned any notification scheme for the project i am facing this issue.
by default notification exist unless you turn the off. By looking at the notifications for the project it will answer the obvious question. For example here is one I have:
I have turned it off.
Is this a service desk project? If so, Service Desk can send notifications using a completely different system than the one that is used to sent notifications for Jira Core and Jira Software projects. If this is being used then the message should have a 'sent by Jira Service Desk' in the footer of the message.
More details on how Service Desk is different in this way:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/jira-service-desk-notification-explanation-829045118.html
If this is NOT Jira Service Desk, then I would recommend trying to use the Notification helper,
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/jira-admin-helper-802593078.html
to better understand why you are actually getting these specific notifications.
Workflow post function
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.