I am testing a new Jira instance (Software licensed, upgraded to Datacenter). When you upgrade to Datacenter, there is a built-in support for SAML. From what I understand, this functionality was available via a plugin but it has been recently integrated.
I am trying to configure SAML to work with our ADFS server, but I keep hitting the same wall:

From what I can tell: Jira is successfully redirecting the user login to the ADFS server, the user can successfully authenticate and the response is passed back to Jira, but Jira Datacenter's built-in SAML consumer does not like the response it is getting from ADFS. My instinct was to check logs on both the ADFS server and Jira. The ADFS logs show no errors, it looks like everything is working correctly. I don't think Jira is doing any logging for SAML, nor could I figure out how to enable SAML logging.
There isn't much documentation for this feature, or for Jira Datacenter in general. The most relevant information I could find is here:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/enterprise/saml-single-sign-on-for-atlassian-data-center-applications-857050705.html
I was also able to find some information for Confluence that seems to describe my problem and how to enable logging to help troubleshoot... for Confluence:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/received-invalid-saml-response-signature-validation-failed-saml-response-rejected-938041884.html
The information in that link is for Confluence Datacenter and I am using Jira-Software Datacenter.
If anyone has any tips or tricks, I could sure use the advice!