Hello,
I was about to go live with a Server to Cloud migration and hit a annoyance. Our Server instance is configured to interact with Windows Active Directory so all of our internal users can user their windows profile to log new requests in Service Desk. This made all requests to be filed under their familiar username. So for the approvers, shares, etc.
Now with Service Desk in the Cloud I gave up the idea of linking Active Directory as SAML is too expensive and not giving a good ROI.
So it turned out that internal customers with either be Portal Only Customers or Atlassian Users. Each option have their annoyance:
1. Inviting customer to portal only breaks the relation with prior request since the option creates a random type username, much looking like a GUID.
2. Inviting customers to a full Atlassian User keeps all the request history properly linked but enroll these to annoying ads such as Stride, or "tell us what you think" type of emails.
It there anyone here having a breakthrough idea on how to tackle this:
Shoud I:
1. Consider moving users to portal only while still on my Server instance and pray that this will handle the request remapping. I read this is a long time request from users, but no clues about whether or not it will work.
2. Go ahead anyways with Atlassian User base and warn user to unsubscribe OR find a way to onboard users without subscribing them.
Thansk in advance