We manage a web based software, and our process involves to main components:
1. The initial sprint, where the task is performed, QA'd, code reviewed, and upon completion of this sprint, merged into a staging environment.
2. A week long staging period, where the new logic is available only in a separate testing environment, through which our users can play with and test new features/changes, with the opportunity to report any issues they experience.
I am trying to figure out the least tedious way to do this, while also still being able to run a burn down chart. Right now, we just have a Staged status in our sprint, but there are two problems with that:
1. When I close the 2 week sprint, all of the staged tasks are brought into the next sprint. I'd rather have them in a completely separate sprint I think.
2. The staged status is not a complete status, so my burndown chart doesn't see those as completed. If I make it a completed status, then when I close the main sprint, I would not be able to easily say to transition all of the tasks into another sprint.
I am not an expert in JIRA yet, so I am hoping there is some way I am not seeing to handle this situation. Any feedback or ideas would be very helpful!
Thanks,
Billy