I am working on a board that I believe is an agility board. I want to turn on the backlog, but I cannot figure out how to enable this setting. I tried to follow the instructions here, but I cannot find the option to even go to "settings" as directed:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/enable-agile-functionality-945104930.html
I referenced this question already: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Unable-to-enable-the-backlog-feature-for-JIRA-agility-board/qaq-p/767358
but unlike the screenshot shown here, I cannot find this settings option. I have navigated around a bit, but can't seem to turn the backlog on. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Hello @[deleted]
Agility boards are only available on cloud version, are you using cloud version of jira or server version.
Hi @[deleted],
Do you see the the 3 dots in the top-right hand corner when you are on the board screen?
If you see the 3 dots, select that button and select board settings.
No, there are no three dots in the top right hand corner of my board screen. Do I need to be an administrator to enable this functionality? It didn't specifically mention in the help documentation.
Cloud.
You should not need to be a JIRA Admin to enable this feature. Once you create a board, you become what is known as a "board admin"; you have configuration access for your board.
Are you able to navigate to your board via the All Boards page. You should be able to get there by accessing the Magnifying Glass on the left hand panel > when the panel expands, select view all boards and find your board. That way you can confirm who is the admin of your board (just to make sure).
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.