Hello,
I'm new to Jira and I try to Associate issue types with my project.
According to document https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/associating-issue-types-with-projects-861253240.html I created a new issue type scheme.
When I click on "Associate" link I can't see my project in the list provided.
Furthermore when I go to > Projects there is no "Issue Types" section in the "parameters" menu of my project.
Currently the only task type available in my project is "Story"
Can anybody understand what's happening please ?
Marc
Marc,
According to the license associated with your email address, you might have a Cloud instance. Can you confirm? The article you're looking at is for Server.
The Cloud one can be found here and has different instructions:
Can you have a look at that and see if it helps?
Shannon
Thank you for your message Shannon,Yes i'm using a Cloud instance. I red the article and the intructions are the same.
1- I can't see my project in the list provided when I try to associate my project to the issue schema.
I noticed a sentence in the schema association in Settings - Issues - Issue type schemes - Associate: You can't associate independently-created projects with this issue type scheme.What does it mean ?
2- No "Issue Types" section in the "parameters" menu of my project.Here is what I see:
Ah, that's the new "user can create projects" function. Projects created by users can't have schemes applied to them.
Thank you Nic.
There is one issue type only in this project ("Story"). Do you mean that this "user can create projects" project can use only stories ? I did not notice that I was creating this kind of project when I made it.
I will drop it and create a new one and give a feedback.
Thank you.
What is this legendary gear icon I keep seeing in documentation and forum posts? I see no gear icon anywhere in Jira. I see 3-dot menus and 9-dot menus and Settings links...
What exactly is meant (exactly, contextually, specifically) exactly when this seemingly-non-existent gear icon is shown in relation to Jira products?
Exactly?
On Server, it will be at the top right, near the profile and help icons. On Cloud, it's in the second-left panel, near or at the bottom of the list of options (depends on whether you're in a project or not as to where it is and whether you are offered project-admin or jira-admin).
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.