I want to build a release based on what is ready for release off the kanban board. But I have noticed it auto releases the release. Is there a way for the Release created from the Kanban board to stay unreleased...especially since i am defining a future date?
I’m a bit confused. The Release ‘button’ on the Kanban releases whatever is in the far-right column (done). Once you perform the action it releases. The Kanban doesn’t automatically release anything.
What I want to do is have the final column be what is ready for a release. We have a change management process that I need to follow so I will be submitting a change approval for the release. Once approved then we would release the release. Does that make sense?
It sounds like you wish to control what issues will actually be released. For example, lets say you currently have 50 items in the Done column but you only want to include 43 in the release. Is that your requirement?
Assuming so and given that the "Release" button will always release all issues in the right-most column you should do the following:
Those issues in Release Candidate status will remain until you decide to release. You can also restrict who can move from RC to Done. Note, a variant of this would be to add a "Release" or "Approved" status after Done and make "Release" the right-most.
I would release all 50 items, i just need to create a release with all the items, then submit a change approval request for the release, then release the items to production, and then I can mark the items/release as "Released". Creating a release from the Kanban board is assuming the items have been released and just marks the release as "Released" and then i have to go back and make sure i unrelease the release so I can go get approval for those items first.
Does that make sense?
Agree, wish I could do that. I do release & then unrelease. Kinda silly but good enough for my needs. Other option is the Archive a release function - you could use that for ‘really really released and done’.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.