I recently got locked out of my database and had to restore the database. I was previously running 7.3.3 and decided to take the time to upgrade to 7.8.1 The installation was successful and I imported the entities.xml backup which also was successful but I now have been receiving an error message when I try to move an issue to a new issue type or clone an issue. This is a live running issue and I need it back up and running as soon as possible. I can be reached by phone at 909-435-4220 which is the office or by email at eferguson@thepcplace.com
Erwin Ferguson
Hi ErwinI didn't understand your issue clearly. This is my advice:
Always
1- Consider a test/staging server to work behind production to prevent this failure
2- Always try to import exported zip file with JIRA restore wizard.
For Now:
1- Do an Integrity check and be sure it's completely fixed
2- Consider full reindex (Lock JIRA and rebuild index)
I hope this solve your problem. Please send your error message for further investigation.
It sounds like your import broke the database. I'm not sure why you are importing though, if you've done an upgrade the recommended, there's nothing to import.
I suspect you need to go back to your 7.3 setup with the database you restored and then upgrade it via the recommended route - running the 7.8 installation and telling it to upgrade the 7.3, not importing data.
I was importing because I did a password reset and fat fingered the new password and no matter what I try, can not seem to guess it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.