I am able to @ tag another user but the user does not receive a notification to say that they have been tagged. This is a problem for all users and i believe all have the correct permissions as they can see the dropdown list when typing @.
Thanks
Are those users able to view the mentioned issue when logged into JIRA? Notifications are sent to a user only if the user can see that issue.
@mentions in Jira Cloud should always trigger emails to the person mentioned - as far as I know there is no option to disable that.
Are people receiving other emails from Jira? For example, if someone else creates an issue and assigns it to you, do you receive an email notification?
Yes they can all see the issues
I have a JIRA Bot running that seems to capture the notifications, is it possible that due to this bot the notifications are not sent to the user?
I am on Jira Cloud and having the same problem as Khuram when @mentioning in comments. Users are receiving email notifications for the standard notification events, but not the @mention in comments. I have no bot or other app that I would expect to be interfering.
I am having this issue, as well. I'm getting tagged and never getting notifications.
I actually got this resolved guys, if you go in to the Jira settings then 'System Settings' there is a section on 'Emails' make sure all the settings are set to the 'On' position and then try again.
I came across a bug ticket recently that could cause this behavior as well. Please see
It appears that if you have defined within the project notification schemes that notifications from that project should come from a different account, and that account contains quotes, it can prevent @ mentions notifications from being sent. This is something that Jira Administrator would have to check within your system.
Can you please clarify the steps you took to resolve this? I'm not able to find the specific options you're referring to.
go to the cog on the left hand side --> under 'Jira Settings' click 'system' then scroll down to 'Mail' then check all settings to check they are enabled
Hi, could this be the answer?
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-email-notifications/
It says that each user decides about the @mention notifications in their profile settings.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.