I have been trying to write a Groovy script that will set the Epic Link to a value if no value is given when the issue is created. During the development, which I had to do in production because we have not had a test environment since we merged our two JIRA systems last year, my script suffered from many fails.
Afterwards, when I tried to check the issue I was trying to link to, there was an error on the issue browse screen that read:
greenhopper-epics-issue-web-panel
Error rendering 'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:greenhopper-epics-issue-web-panel'. Please contact your JIRA administrators.
Searching the internet for this error, lead me to this page:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/issue-screen-displays-error-rendering-greenhopper-epics-issue-web-panel-779158857.html
I ran the SQL in the diagnosis section and found an issue link from the issue I was trying to link to but with a destination issue number that was null.
I sent all this information to our infrastructure guys but they are not keen on implementing the solution that is in the web page as it is for JIRA version 7.8 and we have version 7.3.6.
Does anybody know of any other method to resolve this error? Or if the instructions on this web page would still work with our version?
Thanks for any advice you can give.