I am adding comments to JIRA tickets with keywords like apxXYZ, apxABC etc and need to catch tickets that have, or do not have, these keywords. To that end, I add following clause to the JQL query, which is working in most of the cases.
For example: when I add AND NOT ( text ~ "apx*" ) I get all the tickets that do not have the keywords, If I drop NOT, then I get all which have the keywords.
However, in one case I don't get anything in both the cases, and that is intriguing. None of the tickets in that case have the keyword matching "apx*", but still even the clause NOT ( text ~ "apx*" ) doesn't get me any results.
BTW, when use comment instead of text, it never works. That is confusing too!
The document says that NOT can't be used on one parameter - but I am not clear what that means. Any clue what must be going on will be really appreciated! Thanks.