I see that others asked too, but no one seemed to have found the solution yet - is there a way to advance search issues in JIRA using JQL but group the results by specific fields?
Have you seen https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/JIRA-JQL-use-the-group-by-function/qaq-p/549449
?
Yes @Anup saw it and it says the ticket that was created for Atlassian to intro this, is closed as 'won't fix'. There are some suggestions on using the API to do this, but I can't, so was wondering if anyone found a way or plugin to do it.
I have issues by teams, and I want to report on all issues, by group the results by team.
Thanks
@Motti Tadmor,
If that's the case I don't think your problem is as complex as it is made out to be.
If you have created groups under User Management where the ''Groups" can act as the "Teams", then you can do a simple JQL in the following format:
project = All AND issue= All AND (reporter in membersOf("<Group name>") or assignee in membersOf("<Group name>"))
Would that work for you?
Thanks @Anup I understand your suggestion, I think my challenge is that we created a custom field called "Teams" which allows us to tag tickets with scrum team names, while User Management > Groups for us, is more a generic logical department grouping (i.e. Sales, Development, Marketing).
What I need is a report for the custom field "Teams" that shows all their items, grouped by team.
Something like:
Team A
item1
item2
item3
Team B
Thanks,
Motti
Hi @Anup
1. would work great I think, can you send me some info on howto?
2. Let me check this out and get back to you
Thanks, happy Friday
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/adding-the-two-dimensional-filter-statistics-gadget-720416991.html
I know this is an old post, but if you still haven't come across the desired results, you could also accomplish this with either a dashboard using multiple "Filter Results" macros each configured to a saved JQL filter to the desired group results or a confluence page with multiple Jira macro set to the JQL queries or saved filters as desired.
Depending on your use-case and the number of teams, you could also consider using a kanban board project that draws in all the issues from the necessary projects and set up quick filters for each team if the result is to view a team at a time.
Until Atlassian has proper GROUP BY syntax working, they should remove the QL from JQL. It's practically false advertising.
One way to at least partially achieve the objective of a group by is to save your JQL as a filter and create a dashboard with a pie chart widget with the desired field.
It's a sadly required workaround and would make for an easy way for them to somewhat implement group by functionality if the search results included the widget at the top of the search when a JQL search included "group by" in the text.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.