Hi all,
Bit of a weird problem here, I have found that on some cases for some users our Service Desk is not sending emails by the configured SMTP server and is instead trying to send directly to the target users email server using POPS (995). I noticed this when I was tracing our firewall while sending the mail and I could see it use 995 at the moment I share the comment with the customer (and the customer does not receive the email). I am now blocking it but for some reason the Service Desk still thinks it has successfully sent the mail and it disappears from the Queue.
Our email configuration for the Services desk is plain SMTP (25) to our Email Relay which then passes it to O365 Exchange and then via an external email scanner. I cannot see it hit the Email Relay, O365 or the external email scanner. but i can see these Port 995 attempts being blocked.
Why would the service desk not be honouring the configured outgoing mail server and why on earth would it be defaulting to POPS?
Stumped!